Your privacy is important to us at PSS Industrial Group (“PSSI”), and it is important that you carefully read this Privacy Notice and understand how PSSI collects, stores, shares and uses personal information from and about you. As such, we have developed this Privacy Notice to explain how we collect, store, share and use your personal information which we collect through our website or which is collected through our other business activities. For applicable data protection laws, PSSI is the data controller of any personal information collected from you on our website or otherwise for the purposes of conducting or developing our business with you.
Please note that this Privacy Notice does not apply to personal information which is collected, stored, shared or distributed by third-party sites and that this Privacy Notice may be updated by PSSI from time to time.
How We Collect Personal Information
Information Collected Automatically by Our Website
Similar to other commercial websites, our website utilizes a standard technology called “cookies” (see “What are Cookies?” below for a further explanation), and when you visit our website our server automatically collects certain browser or device information, including but not limited to:
- Your domain
- Your IP address
- The date, time and duration of your visit
- Your browser type
- Your operating system
- The website pages you visited
- Information from third parties
Though this personal information is collected, we do not use this personal information to attempt to identify you nor do we do associate this automatically collected information with the personal information you may provide voluntarily provide or is otherwise collected as described below.
Information Provided by You or Otherwise Collected
In order to access and/or use certain portions of the website, or otherwise in conducting or developing business with us, you may provide personal information to us, or we may otherwise obtain your personal information in the following ways:
- By you filling in forms on our website
- By you downloading documentation from our website
- By you subscribing to our newsletters or other forms of communication
- By you corresponding with us via phone, email or otherwise utilizing our contact details presented on site
Registration/Form Completion Information.
You will provide us information about yourself, your firm or company, and your practices when you register to be a member of PSS Industrial Group, register for certain services, or register for email newsletters and alerts. You may also provide additional comments on how you see PSS Industrial Group servicing your needs and interests.
If you choose to correspond with us through email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses.
What are Cookies?
How Do We Use the Information That You Provide to Us?
Broadly speaking, we use personal information for purposes of administering and expanding our business activities, providing customer service and making available other products and services to our customers and prospective customers. Occasionally, we may also use the information we collect to notify you about important changes to our Web site, new services and special offers we think you will find valuable. You may notify us at any time if you do not wish to receive these offers by emailing us at email@example.com.
What Are Cookies?
We use different types of cookies on our website for different purpose. These different types of cookies include:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies – These cookies are necessary for our website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. These cookies do not store personally identifiable information. You can set your browser to block these cookies, but then some parts of our website may then not work.
- Performance Cookies – These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our website. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and to see how visitors move around our website. The information collected by these cookies is aggregated and therefore anonymous. You can set your browser to block these cookies, but then we will not know when you have visited our website and will not be able to monitor its performance.
- Functional Cookies – These cookies enable our website to provide enhanced functionality and personalization. They may be set by us or by third-party providers whose services we have added to our website. You can set your browser to block these cookies, but then some or all of these services may not function properly
How Do We Use Information We Collect from Cookies?
How Do We Protect Your Information?
How Do We Secure Information Transmissions?
Email is not recognized as a secure medium of communication. For this reason, we request that you do not send private information to us by email. Some of the information you may enter on our Web site may be transmitted securely via Secure Sockets Layer SSL, 128 bit encryption services. All of our pages are equipped with this technology and begin with HTTPS instead of HTTP. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.
How Can You Access and Correct Your Information?
You may request access to all your personally identifiable information that we collect online and maintain in our database by emailing email@example.com.
We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or subpoena or if we believe that such action is necessary to (a) conform to the law or comply with legal process served on us or affiliated parties; (b) protect and defend our rights and property, our site, the users of our site, and/or our affiliated parties; (c) act under circumstances to protect the safety of users of our site, us, or third parties.
What About Other Web Sites Linked to Our Web Site?
We are not responsible for the practices employed by Web sites linked to or from our Web site nor the information or content contained therein. Often links to other Web sites are provided solely as pointers to information on topics that may be useful to the users of our Web site.